“My goal is to ensure that each person gets the best possible care so they live longer and healthier and make wiser decisions. I show each person that they are important and that they matter.”
“I am humbled and blessed to serve our families. I work to bridge the gap between patients and health care providers with education, support and access to resources. If patients reach their best health and quality of life, I am happy to be part of the health care team.”
Behavioral Health Integration Care Coordinator/CHW | Lowell Community Health Center
“I am a proud Latina, change agent, innovator and leader. My role is to advocate, educate, promote health equity and build healthy communities. I have faith in the power of LOVE and UNITY.”
Regional Chapter Coordinator | MA Association of Community Health Workers
“My mission is to reduce health disparities and foster healthier communities. I want to be a part of the solution to the challenges facing our communities, health care, public health and social services systems.”
Program Coordinator, Infectious Disease and Special Populations | Whittier Street Health Center
Who Are Community Health Workers?
We Come With Many Different Job Titles…
health navigators, outreach workers, community health advisors, peer health educators, family partners, promotores, peer support specialists, recovery coaches, therapeutic mentors, youth workers…
but Our Work Always Includes:
- Building trust between underserved communities and healthcare providers.
- Opening doors to care for vulnerable residents.
- Helping people navigate the health and behavioral health systems.
- Coaching people to adopt healthy behaviors.
- Linking people to resources such as housing, food and other basic needs
- Preventing unnecessary hospitalizations through prevention and early intervention.