[Virtual training] Behavioral Health Skills for CHWs
October 19 - November 8
With a focus on integrating CHWs into behavioral health services, ABCD
offers a four-session virtual course for CHWs working in primary care settings
whose patients struggle with substance use and/or mental health issues. This
training provides a comprehensive introduction to common mental health
and substance use disorders and helps participants to build knowledge and
skills based on real life scenarios and case examples.
Trainers are CHWs with lived experience and social workers
from health care settings committed to integrating CHWS
into behavioral health systems.
Skill building in:
- Racial equity in behavioral health
- Depression, anxiety, PTSD
- Working with substance users, patient advocacy
- Behavioral health navigation
Fall session dates
(Must attend all four sessions)
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021 | 9 AM – 1 PM
- Monday, Oct. 25, 2021 | 1 PM – 5 PM
- Tuesday, Nov. 2 | 9 AM – 1 PM
- Monday, Nov. 8 | 1 PM – 5 PM
Additional CHW BH training dates in 2021 and 2022.
CHW supervisor trainings coming in late Fall 2021 and 2022.
Register by Oct. 13, 2021 at bostonabcd.org/chw_form
Training is free and funded by MGH’s Center for Community Health Improvement
For more information, contact Maggie Fryerwood at email@example.com.
Download the flyer to share with your networks!