Website UNITE HERE HEALTH
UNITE HERE HEALTH is seeking a Bilingual Health Promoter (health care organizer) for our Boston office. Our ideal candidate is passionate about social justice, working with a diverse, working class population and has experience in at least one of the following fields: labor, community or health care organizing; social work with a social justice focus; diabetes/health education; case management; community health work/health promotion. Proficiency in spoken and written English and either Spanish or Cantonese is required.
Health Promoters work with our service sector union members and their family (primarily hotel and food service employees) with high-risk health conditions. They meet at their worksites, union hall/office, hospital rooms, provider offices, and in their homes throughout the greater Boston area. Additionally, they identify and develop our member leaders to further this work.
- Meets with, educates and motivates participants regarding participation in Fund programs/care coordination designed to improve health outcomes
- Recruits participants into Fund self-management programs; follows up with participants to ensure maximum participation; and establishes regular meetings for program graduates
- Coordinates with contracted Case Management partners and community resources to ensure appropriate services are available
- Meets with participants at their worksite, home, union office and places where they receive medical services
- Reviews data to determine priority targets for program outreach
- Arranges, coordinates and facilitates group programs, participant leader meetings and other health education events
- Works with participant leaders to expand participation in these programs
- Documents work and outcomes in CarMa
- Provides input to management regarding concerns identified through interactions with participants
- Performs special projects as requested by Fund Management
- Drives on Fund Business and/or authorized to drive a Fund-owned or leased vehicle
- 2 ~ 3 years of related experience minimum
Working knowledge and experience in healthcare, service sector labor unions, healthcare community organizing, healthcare customer service and/or health outreach and education
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Valid driver’s license, car, auto insurance, or ability to use public transportation (depending on region)
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Experience with computers required, including basic to intermediate skills in the following:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
To apply for this job please visit www.uhh.org.