Website Family Service Association
Family Service Association
Community Health Worker – Bilingual English/Spanish New Bedford
Family Service Association is a comprehensive private, non-profit social service agency dedicated to the development and implementation of services designed to provide strength and support to individuals and families throughout southeastern Massachusetts. Headquartered in Fall River, Family Service Association strives to increase the capacity of individuals and families to cope with the stresses of family life and interpersonal relationships in a positive, productive and health-improving manner. This agency is a leading provider of professional social services in the South Coast region of Massachusetts, with a 130-year tradition of high quality.
Due to Agency growth, we are seeking full time (35 hours per week) Community Health Workers in our Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Community Partner (CP) program in the New Bedford and surrounding southeastern MA areas. The Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Community Partner (CP) Support Worker is responsible for providing support to the LTSS Care Coordinator to promote coordination in the delivery and receipt of LTSS to enrollees assigned by Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and Managed Care Organizations (MCO).
· Document all outreach attempts including 3 separate attempts, and the scheduling of at least one face- to-face encounter unless the enrollee voices a preference for only telephonic contact.
· Schedule face-to-face meeting for enrollees with LTSS Community Partner Care Coordinator.
· Prepare encounter packets with informational materials and all documents needed for enrollee engagement.
· Provide support for the utilization of alternative methods and formats of documentation and communication to ensure the enrollee understand the LTSS Care Plan; including but not limited to accommodation for sensory disabilities, literacy and primary language of the enrollee.
· Gather and maintain resource and reference materials for area providers of LTSS, including contact information and service availability in support of facilitating enrollee access to Social Services and Community Resources.
· Maintain regular contact with the enrollee under the direction of the Care Coordinator.
· Provide support for transitions of care under the direction of the Care Coordinator.
· Gather materials, curriculum and current resources in support of health and wellness coaching for enrollees regarding symptom management, health risk factors and behaviors, health promotion and setting and achieving health and wellness goals.
· Maintain all documentation required for the delivery of LTSS Community Partner services.
The hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a High School Diploma and experience in a related capacity.
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated computer skills.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required
This is a benefits eligible position.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short term/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b), flexible spending account and a generous time off package including eleven paid holidays.
Family Service Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org