Website Caring Health Center Inc.
The Community Health Worker (CHW) is responsible for helping patients and their
families navigate and access health and community services whiling adopting healthy
behaviors. The CHW works as a member of the care team through an integrated approach
to care management and community outreach. The CHW works to promote, maintain, and
improve the health of patients and their family by providing social support and informal
counseling. The CHW partners closely with different providers, patients and outside
organizations and is responsible facilitating communication between patient and care
teams; and providing culturally-appropriate health education and self-management
support. Additionally, the CHW will collaborate within a team-based care delivery model to
improve the health and lives of our community members. The CHW will participate in the
development and implementation of innovative costs-effective delivery system changes that
proactively meet the complex needs of our patients including efforts to manage their
behavioral and social needs in addition to their medical care. The CHW will work toward
achieving the aims of the overall CHC CHW program as well as any additional grant funded aims.
Reports to: CHW Program Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours/week
NOTE: This position is dependent on Accountable Care
Education and Experience:
1. Minimum of High School GED
2. At least 2-5 years of experience working in community setting preferred
License, Certification and Registration
Will be required to attend and successfully complete several trainings to meet CHW certification,
funding, or regulatory requirements and to meet the needs of the community (may need to
supplement any previously completed CHW trainings).
1. Complete fluency in oral and written English and both oral and written fluency in at least one
of the most common languages among CHC patients: Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese
or Nepali) strongly preferred.
2. Ability to use a computer, Microsoft Office, EMR, and proficient in accessing and searching
3. Effective communication skills
4. Strong writing skills
5. Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail-oriented
6. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with
culturally and educationally diverse staff and clients
8. Friendly, reliable, punctual and professional
CARING HEALTH CENTER, INC.
9. Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions when
10. Must have the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
11. Profecient use of public transportation or MA Drivers license required
12. Willingness to work some weekend/evening hours depending on project and community
needs, such as advocacy and community capacity building activities.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Participate in on-site and off-site trainings, continuing education programs and in-service
trainings to meet CHW certification, funding, or regulatory requirements and to meet the
needs of the community.
2. Target and outreach, including home visits, to the most vulnerable and at-risk patients
and establish positive and supportive relationships
3. Assist with medication adherence, reminding patients about upcoming appointments,
arranging transportation assistance and other services patients may need
4. Conduct Care Needs Screenings to the extent of his/her capability
5. Coach patients in effective management of their chronic conditions and self-care
6. Provides basic health education in individual or group sessions and helps patients to
develop health management plans that support their achievement of their individualized
health and wellness goals
7. Help patients in identifying and utilizing community resources using Health Leads
database, in addition to scheduling and accompanying them to appointments, and
assisting with completion of application for programs for which they may be eligible
8. Facilitate communication and coordinate services between providers; work
collaboratively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team
9. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with the clients, providers,
supervisors and all staff
10. Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources and
services, public health prevention, and evidence-based intervention programs provided
11. Effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds, including translators, in
reducing cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions
12. Develops and implements culturally and linguistically tailored educational and support
13. Collaborates with the care team to track, monitor and report on specified disease-related
and patient tracking measures
14. Follow-up with provider-identified patients to further assess and address psycho-social environmental barriers that limit the patients’ engagement in their care
15. Identify and apply appropriate role definition and skilled boundaries
16. Documents activities, service plans, and results in appropriate data collection tools and/or
EMR in a clear and concise manner
17. Outreach to potential new patients and connect them to clinical and social services.
18. Meet with supervisor on weekly basis and perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
1. This position may require the ability to work long and arduous hours.
2. This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a CRT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org