Website Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD)
ABCD has received funding to design and implement a training program on various mental health and substance use topics to address the care of patients with behavioral health needs. The training will include a focus on the integration of Community Health Workers (CHWs) and their supervisors into community health center and hospital -based Behavioral Health teams.
Trainer Job Description
The trainers will be CHWs and behavioral health (BH) clinicians who, in dyads, provide training to a total of 6 cohorts of CHWs and 2-3 cohorts of supervisors between July, 2021 and December 2022. The trainers will be prepared and trained on 2 established training curricula, one for CHWs and the other for supervisors. These curricula are focused on behavioral health (mental illness and substance use disorders), role clarification, racial disparities and the impact of systemic and organizational racism on staff and clients, navigation of health and BH systems, and advocacy skills.
Responsibilities and Time Commitment:
- Attend the training of trainers provided by ABCD consultant Jules Barnes (4 half-days on evenings and weekends) of Same Boat Consulting for a total of 16 hours
- Once trained, offer 2-3 trainings to CHWs and supervisors with a co-trainer (CHW training is 4 half-days, Supervisor training is 4-8 hours)
- Identify as a Community Health Worker based on both the identity and responsibilities of CHWs OR, Social Worker with LICSW or other licensed mental health clinician and experience working with CHWs in public health or health care settings
- Experience supervising CHWs preferred but not required
- Employed or living in the communities of Chelsea, Winthrop, Everett, Revere, or Boston preferred
- Experience working in community health centers, hospitals, or community based organizations that serve low income people of color that are disproportionately impacted by health and behavioral health challenges
- Understanding of role of CHWs in care team in health care settings
- Excellent facilitation and public speaking skills
- Experience with training delivery preferred
- Ability to effectively interact, support, and develop meaningful and respectful relationships with people of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Driven by the mission to reduce systemic racism and health inequities in health systems and beyond
Compensation: Trainers will be compensated $100/hour for attending the training of trainers and delivering the trainings. This role does not include benefits.
To apply for this job please visit drive.google.com.