- This event has passed.
Boston Training: Power and Privilege in Health Equity
April 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Audience: Individuals or teams working towards community health who may be new to discussing power and cultural dynamics in the context of their community work, or those seeking a refresher.
Topics: Defining privilege; identifying power influences; levering power positively in community work
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this training will be able to:
- Define power and privilege and how they play a role in their everyday experiences and interactions.
- Identify ways in which power influences their relationships and experiences within the community.
- Identify at least two strategies for leveraging their power positively in their community work.
This training addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Membership that is reflective of the community
- Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
We hope you’ll join us for a brown bag networking lunch between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm before we start our afternoon session, Racial Equity.
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute