MACHWitas, or “little MACHWs” in Spanish, are being developed because CHWs wanted us to decentralize our efforts, so we’re taking the show on the road! We will create that safe space for CHWs to reflect, support, and learn from their peers in their region. We’ll also be able to give hands on assistance with the certification application.
A message from Jamie Berberena, MACHW Regional Chapter Coordinator for the Southeast MACHWita:
To date, we have held two Professional Development Forums (PDFs) where dozens of CHWs from across the region came together to support each other, share resources and best practices as part of a professional network, and learn from subject matter experts about innovative strategies to meet the complex needs of clients.
Our third PDF is scheduled to take place Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at the Wareham Public Library.
Here are some comments from CHWS who attended past forums:
- “I liked the chance to come together and share with other CHWs.”
- “I enjoyed the discussion and hearing other people’s stories.”
- “Nice setting and well organized.”
- “The resource sharing was very helpful.”
- “I am looking forward to doing this again.”
- “I appreciate hearing how others do their work and troubleshoot problems working as a team.”
For more information about the Southeast MACHWita, contact Jamie Berberena at [email protected].
Update from January 2018: For more information about MACHWitas developing in Boston and Northeast, contact Corina Pinto at [email protected].