Helpful ToolsCommunity Health Worker Profession Documents and Resources:
- www.votesmart.org: Project Vote Smart- American government, elections, candidates and voting.
- wheredoivotema.com: Helps you determine who your elected officials are and where to vote in MA.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Resources:
DPH Community Corner provides weekly statewide updates.
- Mass in Motion: Learn about eating better and moving more.
- Oral Health Resources for CHWs:
- Toolk to help young adults navigate health insurance and sexual health, "My Little Black Book": English and Spanish
- Stroke Prevention and Detection Resources. Short educational video: Spanish, Portuguese, and English
- Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling has a live chat feature on its website: www.masscompulsivegambling.org. The feature will allow people to talk with a Helpline Specialist in a dialog box in real time.
- Free immigration advice in Boston. View 2010 schedule.
- Do you work with young adults? New online resource about sexual and reproductive health and how to navigate health insurance options to find a plan that’s right for them. Learn more.
- findyouthinfo.gov: This website offers interactive tools and other resources to help community organizations and partnerships in your efforts to support youth.
- www.onlineadvocate.org: The Online Advocate is a tool designed to screen individuals and families for health-related social problems, determine the areas in which they need and desire assistance, and help them select specific referrals to nearby agencies that provide appropriate services.
- www.mass211help.org: Mass 2-1-1 is an online directory for statewide community resources such as information on emergency food, rent, help paying your heating and utility bills, mental health counseling, health programs, public health and safety services, child care referrals, job resources, and other help for individuals, parents and families.
- phpartners.org/hpro.html: Resources for health educators and health promotion specialists.
- http://www.BioMedSearch.com:a comprehensive biomedical search enginge.
If you would like to add resources to our list, please contact LRFox@machw.org.