Dear MACHW family,
This holiday season, please consider giving a gift to the Massachusetts Association of Community Health Workers (MACHW) to help us continue improving the lives of community health workers (CHWs) and the future of the profession.
In 2017, we worked hard to address four areas of concern for CHWs in Massachusetts. Here were some of our successes:
1. CHWs must have salaries that recognize their skills and experience. This year MACHW…
- Developed recommendations for salary ranges based on level of experience.
- Launched a campaign educating accountable care organizations (ACOs) and other employers to adopt these ranges.
2. CHWs must have ongoing access to training. This year MACHW…
- Worked with MassHealth to designate funding for continuing CHW training programs ACROSS the Commonwealth.
- Partnered with CHEC-Boston and JRI Health to create a “Mobile CORE Competency Training” to ensure training availability in those regions that do not have a CHW Training Program.
3. CHW employers must have access to dependable information and support, so they can create and manage programs that enable CHWs to best serve their clients. This year MACHW…
- Created the CHW Employer Resource Center which provides information, tools, training, and technical assistance to employers of CHWs.
4. CHWs and their employers must have access to up to date information about jobs, training opportunities, certification changes, etc. This year MACHW…
- Launched a new website with national, state, and regional information relevant to the workforce and their employers.
Help us continue our work by making a tax-deductible donation today.